1. Remember tomorrow never comes, right now is the only time. Or else you will be stuck in an endless cycle. Break it now.
2. Realize that you can do this, your a great person, and you do deserve this. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it. Remember your goals? Remember the future dates you want to look good for? Remember that time comes quicker then you think. The next year will be here before you know it. You want those pounds gone by then, and to kick those bad habits out, that means starting NOW. Breaking these habits now. It will be hard, no one said it will be easy. Actually, things that are difficult to achieve, come with the best benefits at the end. Those are the things that have the BIGGEST rewards at the end.
3. Think of your inner child, that’s right, think back to the 7 year old happy little boy/girl you were. Think about being hugged by someone you loved, smiling and being licked by a dog, think about playing in the sand with friends and laughing and having fun, because the only thing that mattered was that moment. Think back to those happy birthday parties, to the smile that spread across your face as you opened a gift. [Stop and really picture every detail, read these things slowly, think back, close your eyes.]
4. Picturing the perfect life/body in the future, and yourself reaching your goals will REALLY help make you realize that great feeling you’ll get when that day comes (and don’t you dare say it won’t because I KNOW it will, and once you realize that too, that day will come even faster). So close your eyes and picture every detail of your dream body/self from head to toe, or picture that perfect day from morning to night. Close your eyes and picture it, or look at a picture of that perfect body. Or even picture that dream family and future love your going to receive.
5. Feel loved. You do not need that food to give you comfort. Go hug your someone you are with/in your house or even a pet, or a teddy bear, or even a pillow! Know that your not alone. Don’t be scared to give yourself this love, because it will make you that much stronger and you won’t have to rely on others for that feeling. Feel deserving of beating this binge. Take a deep breath and list some good qualities about yourself. Why don’t I list some for you now!
- You have a great smile! Just one smile and people can tell how nice you are. Hey, thats another good quality about you! You are nice, and caring. Can you think of some more? (come on now, think back, those eyes you have are really nice, and you have a lot going for you, you do have your WHOLE future ahead of you, anythings possible if you put your mind to it.)
6. Look at yourself in the mirror, and say “I’m better off without this binge. I’m better off not giving into temptation.” Or even have someone tell you some good aspects about yourself.
7. If you had a small child standing in front of you would you tell let them eat their feelings and criticize them-self with hateful words? Never, youd give them love, soothe them. Today you have a choice, don’t continue to verbally abuse yourself with harsh words, and criticisms that only make the cycle of self-hatred continue [and self hatred leads to binges, because when you hate yourself you feel unworthy to eat healthy foods and feel good]. So heal those wounds. If you saw a child on the street your heart would go out to them to help them. Well thats how the inner you is feeling, helpless. Its not food that you need, and hunger pains that you feel, its the child who never heard those words of love from the parents who raised you and the people around you.
Feed yourself with these words, not food:
- You are special
-I will always love you
-I will protect you
-You are wonderful
-I love you because you are my child
-You are the best
-You are soo beautiful
8. Know that failing is the only measure we have that what we are doing needs to be changed. Successful people fail several times, that is the aspect that makes them successful in the end. You have failed before, but this time is different. This time you’ve learned what to change. Think of what you’ve learned from all the other times you’ve failed.
9. Play some music!! Distracts yourself, crunches, drink water, exercise, read a book, etc.
Remember that you deserve this, and that you CAN do this. Beating this binge puts you one step closer to your goal. And most importantly, remember “You’re closer to your goal then you were yesterday.”