Are there some tips to help slow down an overeater?
Dr. Michael T Murray answered:
- Never sit down to eat a main meal when you are too hungry. Learn to “spoil your appetite” with healthy snacks before each meal. Or take 2.5 to 5 gm of PolyGlycopleX (PGX) before meals (three to six PGX softgel capsules, one to two SlimStyles capsules, a half to one scoop of PGX granules).
- Start the meal with a large volumetric salad or soup. These starters take some time to eat and that takes the edge off your appetite, giving your stomach a chance to let the brain know that you have eaten nearly enough food.
- Put your fork or spoon down after every bite. For many people, eating is a nonstop motion: The fork or spoon is racing from plate to mouth. Instead, take a small spoonful of food, then put the spoon down beside your plate while you chew your food thoroughly. Don’t pick up the spoon until you have completely swallowed the previous bite.
- Pause after eating the first half of your meal and allow yourself a few minutes to feel satiated. You just may find you are too full to eat the other half anyway. Carry on a conversation and give your stomach time to register the food you have eaten.
- Sit down to eat your meals and snacks, but do not sit down in front of the television. If you eat your main meals or snacks while watching TV, you are likely to lose your focus, leading to mindless munching.
Don’t eat seconds or thirds. If you are still hungry or tempted to eat after your meal, eat some raw vegetables or an apple, or drink a large glass of water with PGX fiber.
tagged as: tips.
- luvfitspo likes this
- princessjackie1979 reblogged this from thinspo-ration
- princessjackie1979 likes this
- katiebands likes this
- starvingtowardsblindperfection reblogged this from thinspo-ration
- shonaelise likes this
- thebestmecanbe reblogged this from thinspo-ration
- nessaamon likes this
- skinnysaurusrex reblogged this from thinspo-ration
- jyrliz likes this
- californiaskinny3 reblogged this from thinspo-ration
- mydrugofchoiceisyou likes this
- nilskiponi reblogged this from skin-and-b0nes
- skin-and-b0nes reblogged this from thinspo-ration
- chill-wavesss likes this
- thinspo-ration posted this