Drink this Banana Oatmeal Smoothie before your morning exercise routine and you’ll have the energy you need to get through your workout.
- 2 whole Chiquita Bananas (best with brown flecks on peel)
- 2 cups Ice
- 1/3 cup Yogurt - preferably Greek yogurt flavored with honey
- 1/2 cup Cooked oatmeal
- 1/3 cup Almonds
Instructions For Banana Oatmeal Smoothie:
Pour all ingredients in blender pouring ice in last. Blend on high for 30 seconds or until smoothie thickens.
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
Step-by-step Instructions for One-Ingredient Ice Cream. (http://www.thekitchn.com)
1) Pick a couple of ripe bananas. They should be sweet and soft but not too mushy.
2) Peel the bananas and cut them into coins
3) Freeze the banana pieces for at least an hour or two.
4) Put the pieces into a food processor or blender.
5) Blend on high. Initially they will look crumbly and piecemeal. The mixture will probably get stuck a lot. Keep scraping down the bowl. Suddenly, as you keep blending, you will see a change.
6) The bananas turn creamy!
7) (Optional) Now is the time to add a scoop of peanut butter, honey, or anything else you care to mix in.
8) The ice cream will be the texture of soft-serve, but if you freeze again in an airtight container, it will get harder and more like regular ice cream.
ADD FLAX TO YOUR YOGURTAriane Hundt, a New York City-based nutritionist and founder of Brooklyn Bridge Boot Camp, suggests sprinkling 2 tablespoons of ground flax on your non-fat Greek yogurt. “Greek yogurt is high in protein and ideal for muscle building and filling up,” she says.
LOW CALORIE SNACK IDEAS (each snack is about 150 calories)
- 3 tablespoons hummus; 1/2 whole-grain pita, cut into pieces; and 1/2 cup pea pods
- 10 tortilla chips and 2 tablespoons guacamole
- Salt-and-pepper popcorn (4 1/2 cups popcorn coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with salt and pepper)
- 1 chewy granola bar and 1 cup herbal tea with 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 peanut butter and jelly sandwich (1 slice whole-grain bread, 2 teaspoons peanut butter, and 1 teaspoon jelly)
- 1 slice cheddar cheese and 1 crispbread cracker
- 10 potato chips and 1 tablespoon low-fat ranch salad dressing
- 1 small apple, sliced, spread with 1 tablespoon Nutella
- 1 VitaBrownie and 1 twelve-ounce cappuccino made with skim milk
- 1 container (6 ounces) vanilla low-fat yogurt sprinkled with 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice
- 1 small pear and 5 walnut halves
- Pesto & Swiss Turkey Rolls (4 slices turkey, 2 teaspoons pesto, and 1 slice low-fat Swiss cheese, cut into 4 long pieces. Spread pesto on turkey, top with cheese, and roll up.)
- One 3 Musketeers Mint Bar
- 1 fat-free hot chocolate (made with hot water) and 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
I like everything in these treats except the confectioner’s sugar. Not a big deal since it’s just a garnish, and you can always make your own slightly healthier confectioner’s sugar by putting sucanat in a food processor until it’s a powdery consistency!
Lunch for today.
1 Small Apple
Steamed Califlower and Carrots
Salad with no dressing